WEST BRADFORD VILLAGE HALL PRIVACY NOTICE
At West Bradford Village Hall, we take the privacy of your data seriously. You have a right to know what information we collect and how it is protected and used.
The management committeeaims to collect and use your personal data only in ways that you would reasonably expect. Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the ‘GDPR’).
We might obtain your information when you:
- take part in activitiesthat we run;
- buy a ticket for an event;
- become a member of our 250 Club;
- hire our facilities;
- donate to us;
- communicate with us;
- use our website;
- volunteer as a helper with us;
- work for us;
- opt to receive e-mails from us;
- visit us.
The information we hold about you may include your:
- date of birth;
- residential address;
- contact details, such as email addresses and phone numbers;
- invoicing information;
- payment processing information;
- employment details;
- image as captured by live 24-hour recording on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
We comply with the GDPR obligations by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data.
Using your data
We use your personal data to:
- enable us to provide and maintain a village hall and recreation ground for educational and recreational purposes for the benefit of the inhabitants of West Bradford, as specified in our constitution;
- fundraise and promote the interests of West Bradford Village Hall, which is a registered charity;
- administer the 250 Club;
- manage our employees and volunteers;
- maintain our own accounts;
- inform you of village news and of events, activities and services relating to West Bradford Village Hall and its users and, when requested to do so, of other village-based organisations, including West Bradford Parish Council;
- respond to communications from you, and in your preferred manner;
- deal with booking enquires and the hiring out of our facilities, premises and/or equipment;
- carry out our legal obligations;
- keep a record of our relationship with you;
- assist in detecting and deterring crime and disorder.
Sharing your personal data
We will not sell your personal data. We will not share it with any third parties (other than, as necessary, our Village News Representative and/or Booking Secretary and/or Keyholders) without your agreement unless required to fulfil our contract with youor allowed by law.
Keeping your data safe and retention periods
Access to personal data in our possession is strictly controlled. It is stored and destroyed securely.
We will store your data for a maximum of six years after your relationship with us ends unless a longer timescale is required to comply with legal requirements.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have, in respect of your personal data, the right to:
- request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request us to correct your personal data, if found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- request that we erase your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing by us of your personal data;
- request a restriction is placed on further processing, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- request a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose not covered by this Privacy Notice, we will provide you with an updated notice explaining this prior to commencing the processing. Where necessary we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact the Chairperson c/o The Village Hall, Grindleton Road, West Bradford BB7 4TE or at email@example.com. We will aim to deal with your request within 30 days of receipt. We reserve the right to request suitable proof of identity.
Updated July 2018.